« Sticker Shock. Not! | Main | You say tomato... »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dealing with disappointment

I wasn't happy with the post I wrote this morning.  Oh who am I kidding... it stank like week-old gym socks.

I've moved on.

In the mean time, you guys have been doing a nice job chewing over yesterday's post... perhaps there's more to be said on that score.

See you tomorrow.

Oh OK, an astute commenter just pointed out that the last time I left you guys high and dry, I at least posted one of the funny pictures people are sending me all the time.  So here's one for yas.  Discuss:

Theory
                                            ~click to embiggen~

I'm nothing if not compliant.

[I hope we're all grown-up enough to let the small obscenity pass without sicking the Church Ladies on me]

Posted by David Bogner on June 18, 2008 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Dealing with disappointment :

Comments

last time this happened at least we got a caption competition...

Posted by: asher | Jun 18, 2008 2:25:02 PM

Hey, it made for talk-- the more talk, the more folks think, right?

Posted by: Foxfier | Jun 18, 2008 2:32:13 PM

Trep?

I personally liked it; however, I think you've greatly overestimated exactly how grown-up we all are (myself included).

(everyone now start humming the "ToysRUs" theme song)

Posted by: dfb1968 | Jun 18, 2008 3:19:01 PM

Church Ladies? Hmmm... that reminds me of something.

"All the way down to the amen pew,/Where sat Sister Bertha Better-than-you..."

(from Ray Steven's hilarious song, "The Mississippi Squirrel Revival")

Posted by: Rahel | Jun 18, 2008 4:15:31 PM

Just curious:

Are the church ladies related to the tsnius police?

Posted by: Baila | Jun 18, 2008 7:10:41 PM

rats, i missed one of the rare stinky posts? shoulda checked in earlier, i guess! don't beat yourself up about whatever it was (assuming you weren't insulting me or mine!). and thanks for the funny graphic - you shouldn't limit yourself to only posting those in place of things you have to remove, you know - after all, you ARE a giver!

looking forward to reading more tomorrow...

debbie

Posted by: Debbie | Jun 18, 2008 8:17:05 PM

To Rahel...I will lead a rousing chorus of the Vatican Rag, as long as we get enough tenors.

Posted by: Marsha in Stamford | Jun 18, 2008 11:14:46 PM

From one Church Lady: As you have proven here, it is not enough to be religious. You need a close relationship with God.

Love your blog most of the time.

Posted by: Dina | Jun 19, 2008 9:02:47 AM

I remember from "O"-level chemistry that all reactions are reversible given the correct conditions and catalyst.
Does this apply here?

Posted by: asher | Jun 19, 2008 9:26:57 AM

asher... Happy? :-)

Foxfier... actually, here on line I find that the talk-think ratio tends to skew in the opposite direction of your hypothesis. :-)

dfb1968... I briefly considered photo-shopping out the offending word but I didn't have time. :-)

Rahel... Please, you haven't seen some of my mail. I've only lampooned the semi-sane missives and manifestos.

Baila... Same Kingdom, different Phylum.

Debbie... I have literally thousands of them in an archive... I just feel like I'm copping out when I post stuff like that rather than my own ideas. Same goes for memes.

Marsha in Stamford... Yes folks, she'll sing at the drop of a hat. Quite well, as it turns out. You can catch her with the Israel Philharmonic several times this summer in Tel Aviv, Haifa and Jerusalem (no kidding!)

Dina... May I assume from your comment that you feel I am a) not close to G-d; and b) that you don't like my blog when I post stuff like this?

asher... Chemistry is only one discipline of many that make excellent analogies to online communication. Physics also comes to mind. Good luck trying to put all that energy and all those neutrons back in place after a core of fissile material deliberately or accidentally goes critical or super-critical. :-)

Posted by: treppenwitz | Jun 19, 2008 12:10:37 PM