« Omphaloskepsis (look it up) | Main | An honest mechanic »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Signing off

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the people who have made treppenwitz such a safe, comfy corner of the web.  I'm talking, of course, about all of you who show up here and read the loopy stuff I write.

Some of you comment and others just lurk.  But seeing you show up here each day is both gratifying and humbling.  Thank you.

I am signing off for a few days to enjoy the Passover holiday with my family.   I hope all my Jewish readers enjoy the Yom Tov... and that all you non-Jews have me in mind when you are enjoying a nice, freshly baked croissant with butter and jam this week.  :-)

Chag Kasher V'Sameach!

Posted by David Bogner on April 18, 2008 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Signing off:

Comments

Chag Kasher VeSameach to you and Zahava, and the gantze mishpoche.

Posted by: Baila | Apr 18, 2008 4:46:21 PM

Chag Sameach to you too and the family. Easy on the Matzah, we do not want to read any posts about Pesach constipation :)

Posted by: David S. | Apr 18, 2008 4:50:48 PM

Chag Sameach to all at Chez Treppenwitz.

Posted by: Rami | Apr 18, 2008 5:09:51 PM

As one of those enjoying a freshly baked croissant this week :) I wish you a joyous holiday (Chag Sameach, yes?) and look forward to seeing you after Passover.

Posted by: Jethro | Apr 18, 2008 5:19:09 PM

Chag Kasher V'sameach to the whole Treppenwitz family. We will be thinking of you as we do our "instant replay" (usually called the second seder).

Posted by: Chedva | Apr 18, 2008 5:22:26 PM

Chag Sameach to you and your family. Enjoy your rest.

Posted by: jaime | Apr 18, 2008 5:47:37 PM

To the Trep family -

Chag Sameach. We hope for a peaceful and restful holiday for all Am Yisrael..and we're looking forward to being in Israel this Shavuot!

Posted by: Su in Atlanta | Apr 18, 2008 6:13:58 PM

Chag Kasher V'Sameach to you all as well.

Posted by: Jack | Apr 18, 2008 6:17:59 PM

Ditto everyone else's comments. Have a wonderful holiday.

Posted by: the misanthrope | Apr 18, 2008 7:07:52 PM

Chag Sameach, David, Zahava, Ariella, Gilad & Yonah!

Posted by: Sara K | Apr 18, 2008 8:48:25 PM

Chag Sameach to you all! We'll be thinking of you Israeli Bogners when most of the East Coast Bogners are leaning/drinking together tomorrow night!
Someday in Jerusalem! :)

Posted by: val | Apr 18, 2008 9:29:34 PM

Chag Kasher V'sameach to you and your family from me and mine :)

Posted by: orieyenta | Apr 18, 2008 10:56:53 PM

Chag Kasher V'Sameach to you and your household. We have a gathering of 50 for a seder tonight. A bunch of "random souls", which should be wonderful. Look forward to your posts after the holiday.

Posted by: Noa | Apr 19, 2008 12:53:03 AM

Enjoy, David. See you next week.

Posted by: Karl Newman | Apr 19, 2008 2:23:16 PM

croissant... butter... jam... got it. I hope the Bisquick pancakes I made today (some with strawberries, others plain) with my 6-yr-old will suffice, though. I'm not much of a croissant-eater.

Any group of people commemorating the Passover are precious to the civilized world. Too many, far too many, forget that the Hand of G-d has on occasion intervened in the affairs of men. And that these occasions may indeed be more numerous than we suspect. At least, in Passover, He left no doubt.

As a plus, Passover *this* week, so far removed from Easter this year, gives me an idea for a post on my end.

Chag Sameach -- indeed, the Chaggiest Sameach ever! -- to all.

Posted by: Wry Mouth | Apr 19, 2008 8:35:57 PM

I too did pancakes this morning with the kids. Homemade... fluffy and delicious. I hadn't read this yet, so I wasn't thinking of you... just of the warm dripping maple syrup! :-) But I'll think of you next time, promise!

Posted by: nrg | Apr 20, 2008 4:08:09 PM

Chag Kasher v'Sameach to you and yours!

But please - please - please do not ever again entitle a posting "Signing Off." That brought on a brief moment of utter abject fear and panic that further impeded my digestion.

Posted by: Drew | Apr 22, 2008 6:37:06 PM

That signing off business gave me quite a start. Have a nice holiday.

Posted by: David Bailey | Apr 23, 2008 7:06:28 PM

I also thought for a moment that you were saying farewell, thank goodness you're not!

Posted by: ILana-Davita | Apr 24, 2008 2:56:38 PM

You're posting something tomorrow, right?

I've had enough of the Cafferty File. :-)

Posted by: Rami | Apr 26, 2008 10:08:40 PM

Chag Kasher v'Sameach to the Bogner clan - a little bit late!

Posted by: Elisson | Apr 27, 2008 2:50:20 AM

Belated Chag Sameach to you too. :) Hope you're enjoying the holiday!

Posted by: Chantyshira | Apr 27, 2008 3:08:51 AM