« The redemption of Germany... and perhaps the Olympics | Main | On the horns of a dilemma »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

You guuuuys!

I don't mean to go all Sally Fields on you, but...

Social_rank

[click to embiggen - the picture, that is... not my ego]

Social Rank, huh?   Where the heck was this concept when I was in High School?!

Found here.

Posted by David Bogner on December 11, 2007 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference You guuuuys!:

Comments

'Social rank 'always existed in school, we used to call it 'cool'. The more 'cool' you were the more you were respected, the less cool you were the more you got the [email protected] beaten out of you.

Like 'social rank', no one knows how you build your 'cool' score, you either have it or you don't.

Posted by: Skaj | Dec 11, 2007 3:22:40 PM

Where the heck was this concept when I was in High School?!

I suspect that back in the 1600s the monks were a little unclear about this. ;)

Posted by: Jack | Dec 11, 2007 4:43:23 PM

Skaj... Um, I was a band geek back in HS. That was neither cool nor total loserdom. However, for the most part I was invisible... particularly to the opposite sex. :-)

Jack... You can tell a lot about people by the frame of reference they use to judge the passage of time and the value of older things. Some prefer to use milk or snack cakes whose shelf life is measured in days or sometimes hours. Others use wine or fine art, showing a clear preference for maturity and culture. Sadly the only culture the cupcake and milk crowd are likely to get is from the occasional cup of yogurt. ;-)

Posted by: treppenwitz | Dec 11, 2007 4:54:39 PM

Congrats, bro!

Posted by: Val | Dec 11, 2007 6:00:43 PM

Keep up the good work.

Posted by: David S | Dec 11, 2007 10:39:17 PM

That is very cool. It shows the quality of your posts.

Posted by: The Misanthrope | Dec 12, 2007 1:51:05 AM

no surprise - your amazing blog is in a class of its own.

Posted by: PsychoDramaQueen | Dec 12, 2007 8:30:22 AM