« Question & Answer Time | Main | Speechless!!! »

Sunday, April 15, 2007

The best line so far...

... to be delivered by a guest at chez treppenwitz.

We get a lot of friends (blog & real word) and relatives staying with us here at chez treppenwitz.  It is truly a rare weekend when the guest suite and Shabbat table aren't graced with truly special people.

Last year we had our good friends Noa and Bryan over for a weekend (this was before they were blessed with their beautiful new son), and Noa provided what has turned out to be the best line so far to be delivered by a guest in our home.

The conversation went something like this:

Me [planting a big smooch on the soft head of our black lab-mix, Jordan]:  "Did you ever notice how all dogs have their own unique smell?  Don't look at me like that... I'm telling you that every single dog I've ever owned has had their own special scent."

Noa [giving her own dog, Sharona, a doubtful sniff]:  "Um, no.  They pretty much all smell like 'dog'."

Me"No seriously, Jordan has a unique smell all her own... sorta like warm corn chips.  It's a really pleasant smell that she's had her whole life."

Noa [clearly humoring me, calls Jordan over and gives her a sniff and then yells upstairs to her husband]: "Honey!  Remind me never to eat corn chips at the Bogner's house, mmkay?"

Note to self: It's been far too long since we've had Noa, Bryan and Sharona (and now baby 'Kivi') over for a Shabbat.  Gotta do something about that.

217

Posted by David Bogner on April 15, 2007 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The best line so far...:

Comments

Our last dog smelled of Digestive Biscuit (Graham Crackers if you're not British or Australian).

La Fluffita also smells biscuity, but a different type. You are right, each dog has its own scent.

Posted by: chairwoman | Apr 15, 2007 12:26:39 PM

Having been accused by more than one ex-girlfriend of liking dogs more than people, I say it's the people who smell funny.

Posted by: dfb1968 | Apr 15, 2007 12:34:16 PM

I say it's the people who smell funny.

You've clearly been to Europe and Yankee Stadium.

Posted by: Jack | Apr 15, 2007 6:24:50 PM

Gotta love Noa and her killer lines. I would laugh a lot less if not for her...

Posted by: PP | Apr 15, 2007 7:00:24 PM

My dog skippy always smelled like Fritos, so I know exactly what you are talking about.

Posted by: Shifra | Apr 15, 2007 8:39:05 PM

My dog skippy

Hmm... I was sure that you were going to say peanut butter.

Posted by: Jack | Apr 16, 2007 10:32:27 AM

That would have made sense right? She was the COLOR of peanut butter if that helps.

Posted by: Shifra | Apr 16, 2007 9:41:50 PM

chairwoman... "Digestive Biscuits". Hmmm, to my American ears that doesn't sound very appetizing. However you more than make up for that with your choice of dog names: 'La Fluffita' :-)

dfb1968... No argument here.

Jack... Let's not besmirch all Europeans on account of the French. :-)

PP... Yes, and the best part is she doesn't realize she's being funny!

Shifra... Thanks for the validation. :-)

Posted by: treppenwitz | Apr 18, 2007 11:22:37 AM