« Conflicted | Main | Photo, um, Monday »

Saturday, March 03, 2007

No, Zahava didn't toss me out of the house

Given the snarky comments on the last post, and a few days of no new content here at treppenwitz, I didn't want anyone to get the idea that I'd been tossed out of the house.

Yes, I happen to be out of the house, but it had nothing to do with my post... or Zahava.  In fact, Zahava gave me a nice big smooch as I dashed out of the house 30 minutes after Shabbat to the waiting taxi.

Here's the deal:

I'm posting this from the travel lounge at the Airport.

I found out just before the weekend that I had to fly Saturday night... yes, that's right, on Purim!... for work.  Instead of spending Purim with my family and enjoying a relaxing holiday watching the kids dressed up in costumes and eating my sweetie's scrumptious cooking, I will be reading my Megilla to myself on an ElAl plane and 'celebrating' the holiday (what remains of it after I land, anyway) in Bangkok.

I'll be hopping around Asia all week, but I hope to be able to toss up a few posts... or at least a few pictures.

Thanks in advance for your patience with whatever disjointed crap I may throw up here on my journal this week.

Purim Sameach!

Posted by David Bogner on March 3, 2007 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference No, Zahava didn't toss me out of the house:

Comments

Purim sameach ... and safe travels!

Posted by: Yaron | Mar 4, 2007 5:08:57 AM

Oh man, what a bummer. Purim Sameach!

Posted by: Sara K | Mar 4, 2007 6:15:21 AM

I was really worried for you. so many days without a post. At least we now know that Zahava let you stay home and you were not kicked out.
To be away for business on Purim? I would kill my bosses if they make me get away from the family on Purim. or maybe Silvi would kill them because she would have to deal with delivering the 60 (sixty) shalach manot all by herself.
and don't get me started about the THEME!! because that is what you have to do here in Brooklyn. Your shalach manot have to have a theme.
Happy Purim for you on the road and to Zahava and the kids at home.
David S.

Posted by: David S | Mar 4, 2007 7:27:45 AM

Sorry to hear that you had to spend Purim away from home, but I'm sure Zahava prefers this than a week before Pesach!

Posted by: westbankmama | Mar 4, 2007 8:49:08 AM

Chag sameach in any case. Safe travels.

Posted by: tnspr569 | Mar 4, 2007 10:20:17 PM

Hopping around Asia? Hey, if you happen to be passing through Niigata, Japan, let me know - I'll have Rachel take you out for dinner! And Purim is not such a bad time to be away - we'll be having Pesach on the floor of Rachel's apartment around her kotatsu (low table). Sushi for Pesach anyone?

Posted by: Amy Flynn | Mar 5, 2007 7:08:24 AM

Who's being snarky? We, all your buddies on the 'Net, are just looking out for your best interest.

You hurt my feelings, man. :(

BTW, I have two window units gathering dust out in the garage. If you want one, let me know.

Posted by: K Newman | Mar 5, 2007 4:17:45 PM

How could you leave your "Rebbe" on Purim? You call yourself a chassid?

Posted by: mochassid | Mar 5, 2007 5:04:53 PM