« The sights, smells and sounds of October | Main | More excuses »

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I'm sorry.

Yomkippur

I've discovered during this past year that keeping up a blog/journal is an unparalleled way to both give and take offense... followed closely by reading and commenting on other people's blogs/journals.  So, a few apologies are in order.

I apologize to everyone I may have offended.

This apology includes family and friends alike... but is also specifically directed at several people in the J blogging community with whom I 'took a tone' during the disengagement.   It is also intended to include anyone who may have been hurt, offended or insulted by anything I may have written (or not written) in either post or comment here on treppenwitz.

If I manage to get through Yom Kippur without a bolt of lightning incinerating me (funny how nobody seems to want to sit near me in synagogue!), I should (G-d willing) be back later in the week.

Wish me luck.

Again... to be perfectly clear... I was wrong, and sincerely hope you will forgive me.221_16_31

Posted by David Bogner on October 12, 2005 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference I'm sorry.:

Comments

Salachti.

Hope you had an easy fast and that you have been inscribed and sealed for a Good Decree.

Posted by: Elisson | Oct 12, 2005 3:57:22 PM

My father told me about a guy who used to smoke cigarettes before shabbat and exhale the smoke into milk bottles for storage and subsequent re-inhalation on Shabbat. I wonder if we could devise something equally innovative and halachically sound for caffeine on Yom Kippur. Maybe a patch or an aerosol.
Have an easy fast, and a happy, healthy, and meaningful new year

Posted by: Alan T | Oct 12, 2005 3:57:24 PM

Have an easy fast.

Posted by: Jack | Oct 12, 2005 4:33:01 PM

Yes you WERE wrong! Ok maybe not, anyway I'm not certain your fast is supposed to be easy..so have a meaningful fast and a gmar chasima tova...may we all merit to be with you in Israel...

Posted by: Jewish Blogmiester | Oct 12, 2005 5:11:42 PM

I FORGIVE YOU.

What you did that requires our forgiveness I haven't a clue. But, in an expansive generosity of heart, I forgive you for whatever it is you did do.

Just don't do it again, you hear!

Posted by: Joanne | Oct 12, 2005 5:52:04 PM

G'mar Chatimah Tovah, David.

Have an easy fast.

Posted by: Pearl | Oct 12, 2005 9:32:01 PM

G'mar tov. Have an easy fast. I forgive you, which is both cheap and easy since you never offended me.

Posted by: Doctor Bean | Oct 13, 2005 1:07:22 AM

Re: Alan's comment - I don't know the rules, but thinkgeek sells caffeinated soap.

And, yeah, what Doctor B said. :o)

Posted by: Tanya | Oct 13, 2005 1:23:37 PM