« Is it good for the Jews? | Main | Ask not for whom the bell tolls… »

Thursday, April 21, 2005

A man of few words...

Before signing off for Passover I'd like to say thank you.

Thank you to the bloggers / journalers who are part of my nutritious breakfastYou have educated and inspired me more than you will ever know.

Thank you to the readers for stopping by and humoring meA person who talks to himself appears to be a tiny bit less crazy when there are other people nearby

Thank you one and all.

Warm Regards,

David Bogner

"Laying the groundwork for an insanity defense since 1961"

Posted by David Bogner on April 21, 2005 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference A man of few words...:

» Close Encounters from No Sharp Objects Required
I'm starting to get visitors...Probably entirely due to David who was kind enough to include me in a post made up entirely of links - I'm off to follow them. [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 22, 2005 4:13:17 AM

Comments

All the best to you and yours, my friend.

Posted by: celestial blue | Apr 21, 2005 2:40:14 PM

No, David, thank you. Thank you for a consistently entertaining and informative journal and for being just a neato-keen kinda guy.

A most happy Passover to you and your lovely family.

Posted by: Carol | Apr 21, 2005 3:39:19 PM

That was a pretty cool entry. Happy Pesach to you and your family!

Posted by: Geoff | Apr 21, 2005 4:12:33 PM

A man of few words you are not, but the words you do share are, for lack of a better word, geshmacht. Thank *you*, David! Happy Pesach to you, Zahava, Ariella, Gilad, Yonah and Jordan, too.

Posted by: jennifer | Apr 21, 2005 4:28:37 PM

Very cool entry...must have taken a while to work that all out! Wishing you and your family a wonderful, Kosher Pesach.

Posted by: Essie | Apr 21, 2005 4:52:40 PM

Awww. You gave me the word "humoring"!

Thank you for the consistently wonderful reading and for the many minutes of blissful escape from my stressful days.

Happy Pesach.

Posted by: Doctor Bean | Apr 21, 2005 5:24:39 PM

Chag Sameach to you and yours.

Posted by: Jack | Apr 21, 2005 5:33:36 PM

Thank you, David. Hag sameah to you and Zahava, and to Ariella, Gilad and Yonah, and Jordan too (with special skritches).

Posted by: Rahel | Apr 21, 2005 6:35:42 PM

happy passover

Posted by: lisa | Apr 21, 2005 7:03:02 PM

All that linking would frustrate the bejeezus out of me. Still, thanks for linking me. And to the word "defense," too...

Hag sameah!

Posted by: Esther | Apr 21, 2005 7:10:44 PM

Is it sheer coincidence? ;)

Thank you for a (-n almost) daily liberation from insanity!

p.b. veni, vidi, vici.

Posted by: mademoiselle a. | Apr 21, 2005 8:04:17 PM

The pleasure is mine, David. I've learned more from you than I can even begin to express! Happy Passover!

Posted by: Lachlan | Apr 21, 2005 8:31:00 PM

David,
You are very, very clever -- a "chacham" in more ways than one.
Wishing you and yours a very happy, healthy and meaningful Pesach. I'm sure you'll have lots of personal insights to share following the chag...or maybe during chol hamoed. We look forward to reading them...
Kol Tuv.

Posted by: Pearl | Apr 21, 2005 8:43:53 PM

Chag kasher v'sameach!

Maybe when I grow up, I can write blog posts as clever as this one.

Posted by: Cara | Apr 21, 2005 10:06:23 PM

cheers!

Posted by: no milk | Apr 21, 2005 11:03:53 PM

Oh my gosh... I can't believe I was included! Thanks and chag kosher v'sameach!

Posted by: einsof | Apr 22, 2005 12:40:25 AM

Chag Sameach!

Posted by: Oceanguy | Apr 22, 2005 1:12:39 AM

And thank you for including me David, I guess it was just the luck of the draw that I got the word "Thank" - must now try all the other links

Posted by: John | Apr 22, 2005 3:57:38 AM

And thank you! I'm flattered to be included... hag kasher v'sameach!

Posted by: Isaac B2 | Apr 22, 2005 7:29:21 AM

Obviously I chose the title of this entry with my tongue firmly in my cheek. One glance at any of the posts in my archives and it becomes clear that I am not a master of brevity. :-)

Just to clear up a rumor that seems to have sprung up... As much as I would have loved to craft an entry where each person's link word reflected some special characteristic with which I associate them, the reality is that a coherent sentence must have a few prepositions and conjunctions.

Yes, there were a few happy accidents where a witty person was linked to the word 'humored' and a bright/helpful person was linked to the word 'educated'... but I have to admit that I hold the same strong feelings for those who are linked to less specific words like 'and', 'all' and 'to'.

I may or may not do some writing during Passover, but I won't promise either way. In the mean time you should have plenty of reading to do if you're of a mind to follow these links and discover some wonderfully talented writers.

Shabbat Shalom and Chag Sameach (happy holiday)!

Posted by: David | Apr 22, 2005 7:51:38 AM

have an amazing amazing yontiff Mr B! chag kasheir vsamei'ach! please please tell the mishpacha we (me and my mishpacha) say hi, and chag kasheir vsamei'ach!

Tonny

Posted by: Tonny | Apr 22, 2005 7:59:55 AM

Chag Kasher V'Sameach from all of uss to all of yous.

Posted by: Shmiel | Apr 22, 2005 8:29:29 AM

David, I think the fact that my link is the word off is very appropriate, even if it was a happy accident. Thank you for that.

Posted by: Carol | Apr 22, 2005 4:30:23 PM

Hehe no thank *you*. Hope you and your family have a happy passover.

Posted by: Maria | Apr 22, 2005 4:35:55 PM

David, It is such a pleasure to have "met" you. You are continually an inspiration to not only myself, but hundreds of others scattered across the globe. Thank YOU for sharing your life with us and providing many of us with a better understanding of your culture and heritage.

Have a wonderful Passover! May you and yours be blessed.

Posted by: Bayou | Apr 22, 2005 6:20:56 PM

Thanks for including me in with your links. Always a pleasure to come here and see what you come up with next.

Happy Passover to you and your family.

Posted by: Gail | Apr 22, 2005 7:36:49 PM

Am I under "less" because I have not been posting very much?

Chag Sameach!

Dave B.

Posted by: David B | Apr 26, 2005 3:05:43 AM

I was so happy to see that the word "Nutritious" linked to me. I'd like to think it auspicious and accurate, as I see that Carol is just "off". ;)

Happy Passover.

Posted by: Jim | Apr 26, 2005 10:10:28 PM

David,

You are a man of honor and perhaps more importantly, humor.

Thank you for making the Internet a better place. I hope one day to make it to Israel to meet you in person.

Posted by: christopher | Apr 27, 2005 8:00:10 AM

Came looking for the Passover edition of Photo Friday, but no such luck. ;)

Posted by: Jack | Apr 29, 2005 6:22:06 PM

I guess I'm the last to know... Thanks, and same to you!

Posted by: David Boxenhorn | May 4, 2005 2:29:25 PM

David...my apologies. I read this way back when and though, "What a clever boy!" but of course, I didn't realize I was part of this whole thing! And to be part of the sentence "laying the groundwork for an insanity defense" - really, how ME! :) Thank you quite belatedly but most sincerely!!!! I hope you have an easy Fast!

Posted by: Z | Oct 12, 2005 4:32:15 AM

The comments to this entry are closed.