« Photo Friday (Vol. XII) [Deluxe Edition] | Main | Who says advertising doesn't work? »

Saturday, January 29, 2005

These booties were made for walkin'...

OK, just a reminder to anyone who caught the Nancy Sinatra reference in the title... make sure you're getting plenty of calcium in your diet because bone density can become an issue at your age!  ;-)

No, seriously... you'd think that by the third kid I'd be used to this sort of thing.

Nope.

I still nearly wept this afternoon when Yonah took his first steps.  Of course we couldn't use the camera on Shabbat so this clip was taken about an hour after Shabbat ended:

Download Clip

[Note:  You'll need Quicktime to view the film clip.  If you don't have it you can download it here]
219_8

Posted by David Bogner on January 29, 2005 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference These booties were made for walkin'...:

Comments

I can't believe I'm the first person on your website to say MAZAL TOV to the proud parents!

Posted by: Hatshepsut | Jan 30, 2005 12:24:28 AM

Hatshepsut... OK, I have to say for the record; 'I love the Internet!'. I mean, how small has our world gotten when a Swede living in Iceland leaves a comment on an Israeli journl in English... but manages to offer the appropriate salutation in Hebrew??? This is almost as cool as Yonah walking!

Seriously, thanks for the good wishes. By the way, I LOVED the statistical analysis you posted on Friday.

Posted by: David | Jan 30, 2005 12:31:04 AM

חמוווווווווד!! מוצי כזה!!
And look at his face, he's so excited! Cuteness galore :) Mazal Tov!

Posted by: mademoiselle a. | Jan 30, 2005 12:56:48 AM

No worries. I totally teared up, and I don't even know the kid. ;o)

Congratulations to all of you!

Posted by: Tanya | Jan 30, 2005 1:38:05 AM

Oh, how adorable! Mazal tov!

Posted by: Sarah | Jan 30, 2005 1:59:55 AM

Mazel Tov!!! What cuties. Love to all.

Posted by: Marjorie | Jan 30, 2005 2:54:20 AM

Mazal Tov, that is pretty cool. Put on the "Indian Video" and maybe he'll learn to dance with it too. ;)

That is pretty cool, children are our greatest blessing.

Posted by: Jack | Jan 30, 2005 7:47:29 AM

Very sweet. Thanks for sharing it. Our littlest just turned one and shows no interest in walking. We hope she sorts it out before high school.

Posted by: Doctor Bean | Jan 30, 2005 9:41:54 AM

Wow--Yonah looks so excited and happy to be walking! Mazal tov to everyone - this is a huge "step"!

Posted by: Noa | Jan 30, 2005 10:58:01 AM

I'm not a Swede I'm not a Swede!! My parents just happened to be living in Sweden when I was born... I'm Icelandic/Norwegian. Americans seem to have more problems understanding this than Europeans, since they appear to often connect your nationality entirely to the place you happened to be located when you were born, eventhough ones parents could have been packpacking India!

But with that said, you make a very good point. And it's a good point even with me "just being Icelandic" ;)

Posted by: Hatshepsut | Jan 30, 2005 12:12:20 PM

mademoiselle a. ... Yes, and that little screech of joy at the end just kills me. He is so proud of himslef, you have no idea.

Tanya... Your secret is safe with me. Over at your place you can still play the uber-tough, well armed computer geek... but over here we know better, don't we. Softy!!! :-)

Sarah... Yup, as I always say 'Thank G-d the kids look like their mother'.

Marjorie... Yup, and can you believe how big Gilad is?

Jack... I can wait a few years before he starts dancing or running. [ed. note: No I'm not going to link to the video. If anyone wants to know what Indian video Jack is talking about you can go over to the shack and check it out. I learned my lesson with that cute German song and am still getting crushed under 4000+ hits a day. Go use up Jack's bandwidth. :-) ]

Doctor Bean... Don't be in such a hurry. You'll soon pine for those days when you could count on finding them right where you left them. :)

Noa... I know I'm probably just projecting, but he really does seem so proud of himself. He actually stops and claps for himself every few steps now!

Hatshepsut... I'm sorry, chalk it up to my short attention span, not my American worldview... but you have to admit that you are far from 'just Icelandic'! :-)

Posted by: David | Jan 30, 2005 12:44:31 PM

wow - - great video!
There is one proud Aunt here in Connecticut who wishes that cute boy was walking into HER arms in that video!

He's adorable, of course!

Posted by: val | Jan 30, 2005 2:41:44 PM

Oh how cute! I have never seen a child so excited and so proud about walking! Mazal tov, mazel tov!

Posted by: Fran | Jan 30, 2005 2:58:22 PM

Way to go Yonah! He's got a super "Look-at-me-everybody" attitude - great for the stage! Mazal Tov!

Hey - is Gilad doing martial arts? I recognize the butterfly stretch position he chose for sitting.

Posted by: yonah | Jan 30, 2005 5:06:21 PM

My archaic computer and its dialup are not in the mood to download the video in a timely manner (sorry, but I can't really wait for over an hour), so I have not yet seen Yonah's adorableness in action. My work computer will handle that job nicely on Monday.

Nevertheless, a hearty Mazal Tov to Yonah for his feat of the feet and you and your family for catching his new-found skill first in person then on tape. Mazal Tov!

Posted by: Carol | Jan 30, 2005 5:48:08 PM

Mazel tov.

Posted by: beth | Jan 30, 2005 8:42:39 PM

what they said...ptui X3

Posted by: shmiel | Jan 30, 2005 8:45:38 PM

Val... I can e-mail you the reservation number for El Al... they're running a special this month!

Fran... Thanks, he has been showing off all evening.

Yonah... TO paraphrase an old country tune: "Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be... musicians." Let him NOT take after his old man.

Carol... You surf at work?! I'm shocked... shocked, I say! :-) Enjoy it at your convenience... and thanks for the good wishes.

Beth??? I was going to send someone out there to knock on your door! I was starting to worry about you and Chuck. It's almost as if you two were having some kind of contest with El Steve to see who could go the longest without posting. Seriously, it's nice to hear from you. I hope all is well in your world.

Shmiel... Thanks. keynaynahora!

Posted by: David | Jan 30, 2005 9:24:49 PM

Jack... I can wait a few years before he starts dancing or running.

When my son was born I couldn't wait for him to walk and talk and to be a little person.

Now with my daughter I am not so anxious. I am happy to enjoy her infancy and to avoid the need to go chasing after two kids running in different directions. :)

Posted by: Jack | Jan 31, 2005 8:28:51 AM

AWESOME!!
Love,
sarahb

Posted by: sarahb | Jan 31, 2005 3:09:52 PM

David, I only surf at work after hours. Um, yeah, that's it... *innocent whistling*

Posted by: Carol | Jan 31, 2005 4:05:42 PM

Oh my gosh! That is the most precious thing! You have got some real cutie pies there, ka"h. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Essie | Feb 2, 2005 3:05:27 AM

Finally got a chance to watch the video. Yonah? Is all kinds of precious. Gilad looks like a cutie too.

BTW, David, that was you holding the Dumbo, was it not? Well done, David, well done. :-D

Posted by: Carol | Feb 2, 2005 4:44:47 AM

OK, I finally got to a computer where I could watch the clip. What a doll! I love the scream at the end. He's totally edible. I can't wait to have these babies!

Posted by: Alice | Feb 6, 2005 7:54:08 PM