« Lesson Learned... and how! | Main | End of an Era »

Friday, January 21, 2005

No Photo Friday :-(

Quarantine

Sorry folks, you might want to stand back from your computer... there are sick people here!

Specifically, Zahava and Yonah seem to have the Flu.  Ariella, Gilad and I all had a milder form of it earlier in the week, but this seems to be the real deal.  We even had to call and give a rain check to our shabbat guest!

With the Divine Ms. Z under the weather and the baby being more than his usual handful, I will be making shabbat this week; Chicken soup, grilled chicken... the works.  Sooo, I don't have time to start playing with pictures and such.

Maybe next week I will have a bonus round or something... I'll see what I can come up with.

Shabbat Shalom!

Posted by David Bogner on January 21, 2005 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference No Photo Friday :-(:

Comments

Hope they all feel better again, soon.
Enjoy your job as houseman, nurse, doctor...

Posted by: sandra | Jan 21, 2005 10:29:58 AM

I hope they feel better soon.

Hatzlacha rabba with the shabbat preparations.

Posted by: Sarah | Jan 21, 2005 2:55:42 PM

amantadine 100 mg bid for 5 days will abort the flu the baby can get it in liquid form 50 mg bid.
hope all are well soon

Posted by: dave | Jan 21, 2005 3:38:13 PM

Sandra... Thanks. I know my way around the kitchen, but this week I'll be doing a lot more of the cleaning as well (yuck). I guess it's good to have a week like this every so often to remind me how good I usually have it.

Sarah... Thanks. So far so good.

Dave... There's an update, the pediatrician says Yonah has the Roto Virus... so he's really not a happy camper right now. I know that MDs like you and Doctor Bean know what that is, but for everyone else: Roto virus is an infection of the small intestine that gives little kids horrible backdoor trots. In developing countries it is a killer, but in places where parents have more resources it is a very painful 4-7 day experience for the baby/toddler.

Posted by: David | Jan 21, 2005 3:45:59 PM

My son had the old Roto virus. We almost stuck him in plastic clothing. One exit, no waiting. Yuck. hope they all feel better soon.

Posted by: Jack | Jan 21, 2005 4:43:23 PM

Things seem pretty ruff at your place right now, I hope all goes well and it is shorter than a 4-7 day experience. Get out the bleach and do lots of handwashing. I was upset to miss visiting you guys last week because of this flu, but I guess its a good thing we didn't!

Posted by: Dave B | Jan 21, 2005 4:57:22 PM

Oy, Refuah Sheleima to the entire Bogie clan!

Posted by: Chavi | Jan 21, 2005 7:06:13 PM

I have to advice to offer or experiences to share, but I hope you all feel better soon!

Posted by: Geoff | Jan 21, 2005 7:47:23 PM

David: Yuck! May the Bogners have speedy relief from their Rotavirus, and a good week thereafter.

Dr. Dave: Just a suggestion: Amantadine only works for influenza A. I've used Tamiflu (oseltamivir) since it came out a few years ago since it works for both A & B.

Treppenwitz: Continuing medical education and so much more!

Posted by: Doctor Bean | Jan 21, 2005 8:16:09 PM

I hope everyone feels better soon!

*sending Get Well Mojo to the Bogner home*

Posted by: Carol | Jan 22, 2005 11:24:35 AM

Jack... I may take your suggestion about plastic clothing (or maybe just leave him naked in the bathtub) because he is sh*tting through clothes faster than we can wash them!

Dave B. I am SOOOO glad you guys didn't come to visit last week! We all really wanted to see you guys, but I don't need THAT on my conscience. By the way, there was a great article about your family (picture and all) in the weekend edition of the Jerusalem Post (I'll send you the link when it shows up in their archives), and my friend Allison Kaplan Sommer did a nice write-up on Josh over at 'Israel21C'.

Please send Josh and the family my very best.

Chavi... Thanks.

Geoff... I'm here with my clothes smelling like poop and you have no advice for me!!??? :-)

Doctor Bean... I was waiting for me two favorite MDs to meet and swap advice here... now my life is complete. :-)

Carol... Thanks for the MOJO, but some freshly scented fabric softener would also be appreciated. ;-)

Posted by: David | Jan 22, 2005 7:22:03 PM

Hey I hope you all feel better soon. You know I caught a cold in Jerusalem, believe it or not!

Posted by: Hatshepsut | Jan 22, 2005 10:45:23 PM

I'm your second favorite doctor? :-) Gosh! I'm flattered! [stares at shoes, blushes]

Posted by: Doctor Bean | Jan 23, 2005 4:47:08 AM

feel better all....Good luck Bogie...

Posted by: shmiel | Jan 23, 2005 5:42:58 AM

Hatshepsut... Thanks for the warm wishes from a very cold place. I hope you got back OK (and sorry to hear you picked up a bug while you were in Israel).

Doctor Bean... I don't recall assigning any sort of rank. However you should know that the single thing that makes you both my favorite MDs is that you are too far away to lay a (lubricated) glove on me! :-)

Shmiel... Thanks, you would have been proud of the chicken soup I made for Shabbat.

Posted by: David | Jan 23, 2005 1:32:57 PM

I hope that they will be better soon. All the best to your family and yourself.

Posted by: Ruth | Jan 23, 2005 4:02:41 PM

dave, did the chicken soup feature the bar-b-q turkey leg?
I hope everyone is doing better.
We had our first real snowstorm last night. That meant fireplace this AM, plus hot chocolate and whole grain pancakes. We have a few left, Shmiel, if you are dug out.

J

Posted by: Jordan Hirsch | Jan 23, 2005 6:00:55 PM

I hope everyone is doing better now...best wishes to the whole family.

Posted by: Kay | Jan 24, 2005 11:30:07 AM

I hope everyone's feeling better, especially Yonah. Poor kid ... and poor you, too!

Posted by: Rahel | Jan 24, 2005 12:58:21 PM

well if anyone has the roto virus in your family, I suggest you give them lots of fluids and tynenol. I had the roto virus and got dehydrated, my eyes were rolling back into my eye sockets, I couldn's stay awake for less than 5 minutes and was sent to the hospital. I spent 2 whole days there on my second day at the hospital, my fever had gone down to 99.2 and than later the nurse came to check on me and my temperture rose to 101.5 she said I could go home cuz the normal fever temp. was 102.5 so I left the hospital and got much much worse. My temp. rose from 102.5 to 105.4 and I couldn't move, open my eyes, nothing than my sis got too when I ws sick. we both stayed home for new years eve and day at home, in bed, sick. so yeah u better b careful. just tryin to help cuz its a horrible experience.

Posted by: nancy fuentes | Feb 10, 2006 2:32:45 AM