« Gallery Opening | Main | The Burden of Proof »

Friday, November 05, 2004

Photo Friday (Vol. I)

OK, here we go. Today’s picture requests were brought to you by Lisa, the landlady over at Weese.

Her requests:

1. a picture of your living room
2. the front of your house
3. one of your kids rooms (no cleaning up...just raw) and if they are in there...all the better.

The living room took some excavation, but I finally found it:

121_2178

The front of the house right now is sort of a cheat. I took this picture last winter when we still had plants. I’ve since torn up most of the front yard, so you’ll have to wait until the lawn takes hold for a newer picture:

Bogners_cottage

It was a coin toss as to which of the kid’s rooms was less likely to make Zahava stroke out when she saw it online. Gili’s room won the honor… but just barely:

121_2165_2

Well, that’s it for today.

So far 14 people have requested pictures… feel free to add your 2 cents about these, or make a request for your very own set of Photo Friday pictures.

Shabbat Shalom!

Shame225_1

Posted by David Bogner on November 5, 2004 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Photo Friday (Vol. I):

» Photo Friday (Vol. I) from Jousson Hgkan
Photo Friday (Vol. I) [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 20, 2005 12:29:21 PM

Comments

Dear David,
Great idea. I am very much looking forward to get a slight impression of your world. How about a picture of
- people in the street (people which your kids find friendly)
- a local food market
I will not ask for a candy store as I do not want to endanger your diet...
Have a nice weekend
Sandra

Posted by: sandra | Nov 5, 2004 1:44:07 PM

So far it's nothing like I imagined. I love your windows. And snow! Could we see a closeup of the picture over the loveseat? Shabbat Shalom.

Posted by: Tanya | Nov 5, 2004 5:00:00 PM

Funny, the photo of your home sprinkled with snow reminds me more of Switzerland than Israel (not that I've been to Israel)

Posted by: Geoff | Nov 5, 2004 6:23:04 PM

FABulous!!
Thank you thank you...but now you have peaked my interest in the changes in your front yard.
(so of course that is my next picture request).
It looks very ...euro. Love it.
Gili's room looks quite tidy... thanks Zahava.
I like this idea of a peak into your lives.
so...voyeristic :o)

Posted by: lisa | Nov 5, 2004 7:47:49 PM

How nice of you to share your home with us. I love the bunk beds! And the little shoes and kippah(?)on the floor add the perfect finishing touch. Thank you for being willing to share so much of your world.

Posted by: Gail | Nov 5, 2004 7:54:04 PM

What a lovely home! Thank you for sharing.

Posted by: Carol | Nov 5, 2004 8:07:39 PM

Very nice! It's *really* great to get the context of the lives you get to know virtually. I need to do the same ...

Posted by: Jim | Nov 5, 2004 9:37:21 PM

Sandra... I've added your requests to my list (yes, even the candy store!).

Tanya... Not much like the brick houses out where you live, huh? Everything here is faced with Jerusalem stone. The slightly yellow tint to the white stone in this part of the country is where the song 'Jerusalem of Gold' took its name from.

Geoff... May I assume you have been to Switzerland? :-) In any event, I'll take it as a compliment. Thanks.

Lisa... I've actually been thinking about you as I toil out in my front yard. There is a post coming up about this project... but suffice it to say I wish you were here to lend me some much need advice.

Gail... It took all my will power not to pick up the kippah and push the shoes out of the picture. But the instructions were quite clear; No cleaning up!

Carol... You're quite welcome. There are other parts of the house that have been requested (inlcuding the inside of the refrigerator, of all things), so tune in for future Photo Fridays.

Jim... If you decide to follow my lead, I'll get the ball rolling now. I'd like to see:

1. Your tie collection
2. Your work station
3. Your favorite place to sit

Posted by: David | Nov 6, 2004 8:31:49 PM

David,
Wow Efrat in the snow is beautiful.
How about:
1) a pic of your whole family (you, zehava, ari, gili, and yonah)
2) any old NCSY pics
3) any pics of birkat cohanim at the kotel

Posted by: Faye | Nov 8, 2004 1:08:32 AM

It's not that, I just imagined something much more rustic and rural. In retrospect, I have no idea why...

It is beautiful stone. And that arbor is just begging for wisteria. ;o)

Posted by: Tanya | Nov 8, 2004 5:49:57 PM