« What happened to the cell phone vote? | Main | Photo Friday (Vol. I) »

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Gallery Opening

I've been getting a lot of e-mails from folks anxious to see the photos they requested a couple of weeks ago. Not to worry... I haven't forgotten, I've just been wrestling with exactly when and how often to present them.

So, here's what I'm gonna do:

Beginning tomorrow, I am instituting a new feature here at treppenwitz;

Photo Friday

No, this isn't a particularly original idea (or even an original title), but too many people are already doing it to figure out who deserves credit for the idea.

What will happen is that every Friday I will post one person's requested photos. I may or may not comment on them (what with the picture already being worth a thousand words), but, as always, you are welcome to use the comments section to ask questions about the circumstances/backstory of the pictures, or to ask the person who made the request if what they got was what they had in mind.

This new feature will actually work out quite well since most of you have noticed that I rarely post on Friday or Saturday. Friday is my day to sleep in, cook for shabbat, help clean the house, and just plain hang around with the family. Saturday is Shabat (at least until sundown, anyway), so I don't mess around with anything electric; computer, phone or light switch.

I like the idea of hanging some pictures on my journal over the weekend rather than making you stare at Thursday's stale old entry 'til Sunday! This will be just like one of those fancy gallery openings... only without the wine, cheese, or talent.

Needless to say, I haven't closed the book on new photo requests, so use your imagination and ask away (3 to a customer). Anything related to me, my town or Israel that occurs to you (again, within reason) I'll try to accommodate.

The order in which these Photo Friday postings will appear is based on how easy the photo request was to fulfill, not the order in which the requests were received.

Also, the management (meaning Zahava) has the right to censor any photo content.

Last thought:

In deference to the truly gifted photographers out there (Steve, Andrea and Satan's Laundromat, to name a few), I want to state for the record that rank amateurs routinely point and snigger at my photography. I've cut off more heads and limbs than all the savages in Iraq combined. I am (ineptly) using a tiny point-and-shoot Canon digital Elf, so don't expect competent composition, luminous lighting or fantastic focus.

If you ask for a picture of a bug, that's what you'll get... no more, no less. :-)

See you tomorrow.

Shame225

Posted by David Bogner on November 4, 2004 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Gallery Opening:

Comments

185 - very good progress.

Posted by: lisa | Nov 4, 2004 2:44:43 PM

Lisa... [snapping fingers sharply under your nose] honey, pay attention. 185 lbs. is my ideal weight... 225 lbs. is my current weight. Yes, I'm making progress, but I didn't have a leg amputated last night!

Posted by: David | Nov 4, 2004 2:50:39 PM

Oooh...Photo Friday! ((clapping my hands in glee))
By the way, Gus the Wonderdog has been complaining mightily about the lack of dog pics on your site.

Posted by: Lisa | Nov 4, 2004 2:59:57 PM

I just noticed a dramatic increase in the use of certain sadisticisms - "amputated", "cut off heads and limbs", "point-and-shoot"...you're sure the elections didn't affect you too much? =}

I must have missed the call for photos.
Please picture...

*how you bribe your children into your house duties with choco yodvata
*your salad-bowl-sized coffee mug [and maybe a pen for proportional studies]
*youself chopping up chicken liver for the week-end

Posted by: mademoiselle a. | Nov 4, 2004 3:28:50 PM

Ummmm..... Lisa... it seems we might have a copyright issue here! How old is Gus exactly?

I ask because Jordan the Wonder Dog has been happily enshrined in that term of endearment since we were adopted by her nearly 4.5 years ago.....

Posted by: zahava | Nov 4, 2004 4:57:45 PM

i NOTICED YOU BROKE 226 PLATEAU
GREAT!

Posted by: dave | Nov 4, 2004 5:49:01 PM

Lisa... I'll leave you and Zahava to wrestle over the copyright ownership of 'Wonder Dog'.

Mademoisella a... Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. :-)

Dave... you've seen me do it before, and you'll see me do it again. ALthough, I'm not sure I'd call 2 or three days during the first two weeks of the diet a plateau! I'm just so angry with myself that I got lazy after losing all the weight last time and started eating everything on the planet again! Thus; Plan 'B'.

Posted by: David | Nov 4, 2004 9:12:42 PM

David,

Just wanted to let you know that I am still eating the junk for you. ;)

Posted by: Jack | Nov 4, 2004 10:56:36 PM

(laughing) Gus was born on 12/2/96. But, I'm thinking the pooches can share the Wonderdog title. Although, if you prefer, I can revert to calling Gus "Butt-meister G."
Your call.

Posted by: Lisa | Nov 5, 2004 1:02:42 AM

(laughing along with you) seems that Gus is actually older than Jordan (by about 6 months)... May I still keep calling her Wonder Dog? Butt-meister J simply doesn't match her personality! And it IS a wonder with how enthusiastically our youngest loves her up that Jordan hasn't sought revenge on Yonah! =:->

Posted by: zahava | Nov 5, 2004 10:47:36 AM