« We dropped off our little girl today... | Main | Lie down with dogs... get up with fleas »

Friday, July 19, 2013

She hasn't lost her shine

I was basically useless at work yesterday. All I could think about was Ariella being bounced around the IDF processing center like a shiny silver ball in a pinball machine. I knew she could hold her own and stand up to most any abuse. But I didn't want it to be at the cost of the light that shines from within her.

Finally at the end of the day when I was on my way home from work, a single photo hit my cell phone.

I needn't have worried.

Shabbat Shalom.

Posted by David Bogner on July 19, 2013 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference She hasn't lost her shine:

Comments

Beautiful, David. Will keep her in my prayers, if that's ok with you?
Shabbat Shalom to you all from the sweltering heat of east coast Scotland(yes, really!)
Alex

Posted by: Alex | Jul 19, 2013 4:49:00 PM

Hope her time in the IDF will be safe and rewarding. You should be very proud.

Posted by: Ed | Jul 19, 2013 5:36:21 PM

She always makes me smile.

Posted by: rutimizrachi | Jul 20, 2013 10:55:30 PM

It's quite okay to be a proud dad.

And to worry.

You and her are in my prayers.

MC

Posted by: mostly cajun | Jul 21, 2013 4:54:25 AM

Mazal Tov on this important milestone in your daughter's life. She looks lovely in the uniform. Wishing her a lot of success in the army.

Posted by: Raizy | Jul 21, 2013 6:11:54 AM

She wears it well!

Posted by: Alissa | Jul 21, 2013 2:07:15 PM

David, I ran across a comment of yours while reading something on my old blog (nycgadgetgirl.com) tonight, so I stopped by to catch up on a few of your posts. Your daughter is all grown up and so beautiful! :)

Posted by: jenna | Jul 23, 2013 7:31:20 AM

Jenna... What a nice surprise. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you and your spirited canine companion are both well.

Posted by: treppenwitz | Jul 23, 2013 10:35:02 AM

Casting call: “Hollywood studio seeks beautiful, smart Israeli girl—once described by a screenwriter as a Jewish Titian—for lead role in film.”

Posted by: Robert J. Avrech | Jul 30, 2013 1:51:43 PM

Wow! I was just talking about a post you wrote about her knitting kipot and the significance of it. Shana Tova to you and your family.

Posted by: jaime | Sep 5, 2013 6:47:44 AM