« I guess I've been living under a rock! | Main | No idea why I'd expect you to know this... »

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Accommodations may vary. Be flexible.

If I was asked to offer one piece of advice /information to someone who will be taking a job that requires some travel... it would be the title of this post.

This week's accommodations in rural Africa:

Posted by David Bogner on May 10, 2012 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Accommodations may vary. Be flexible.:

Comments

That's fantastic!
Is that a TV I see facing your bed?
Old CHIPS reruns or just local fare?

Posted by: Larry | May 10, 2012 3:57:45 PM

Oh, man! That is so awesome!

Are there bugscreens?

Posted by: Maureen | May 10, 2012 4:39:09 PM

Awesome!!!!

Posted by: Mark | May 11, 2012 8:15:29 AM

Are they elevated because of potential flooding, or is this to ward off the deadly creatures roaming about at night?

Posted by: AliasJoe | May 11, 2012 4:58:40 PM

That's still nicer than some of the barracks I used to live in.

Posted by: Karl | May 12, 2012 8:29:37 AM

Complete with hot and cold running cockroaches.

Posted by: Elisson | May 12, 2012 9:56:43 AM

I third the "awesome!" comments...

Posted by: Alisha | May 12, 2012 10:14:23 PM

Larry... Yes, it was a TV. But sadly there were like two channels availible where I was, so I hooked up my ipad to the TV and watched pretty much a whole season of Big Bang Theory that I had saved for just such an eventuality. :-)

Maureen ... Nope, they came through every evening and fogged inside and out with something that seemed to have done the trick. Not so much as a nibble.

Mark... I concur.

AliasJoe... No, flooding is not an issue in this section of the Kalahari desert. I assume it is to keep the wild animals out of the guest accomodations... but I could be wrong.

Karl ... You and me both.

Elisson ... Actually, surprisingly clean and bug free.

Alisha... Hey, where've you been? The kids need their Alisha fix. Okay, we'd kinda like to see you too. ;-)

Posted by: treppenwitz | May 13, 2012 10:24:39 AM

Looks comfy. Looks better than a B&B I remember from Wales, for sure.

Posted by: Balabusta in Blue Jeans | May 28, 2012 7:12:18 AM