« Plausible Deniability | Main | Nice to be known »

Thursday, February 16, 2012

The White Stuff?

The current weather forecast calls for a heavy snow storm this weekend in Jerusalem and Gush Etzion.  Perhaps the biggest snowstorm in years!

If the meteorologists are to be believed, that is.  Even though one of my neighbors is in the weather dodge, I'm still skeptical.  I've been burned (soaked, actually) too many times now to count.

But Zahava and I will have our cross country skis out and ready for action... you know, just in case the opportunity should present itself.

Standing by.

Posted by David Bogner on February 16, 2012 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The White Stuff?:

Comments

As one of the, ahum, longtime readers chez Treppenwitz, I herewith declare that you won't be done with just skis. You know that in case of snow and ski, you'll owe us... [insert Jeopardy theme for 10 seconds]... the knickerbockerrrrrssss!!!1!

Posted by: a. | Feb 16, 2012 2:27:45 PM

a: Ooh. Ooh. I am so waiting for THAT.

Posted by: rutimizrachi | Feb 16, 2012 3:16:50 PM

Socks. Ya gotta wear the socks. With pictures.

Posted by: Karl Newman | Feb 16, 2012 4:30:07 PM

Even a small amount of snow can be a major challenge for communities that aren`t well prepared. So better to take the forecasts seriously.

Posted by: ED | Feb 16, 2012 4:38:03 PM

Oh please David, really!!! You are dreaming! The only website I trust regarding Jerusalem weather is: http://www.02ws.com/station.php?lang=0 and until they change that minimum temp number to 0 or below, I won't be expecting anything except sleet and hail.

Posted by: Robin | Feb 16, 2012 5:20:15 PM

Definition of an optimist: One who brings a pair of cross-country skis to the Gush.

Kinda like bringing an umbrella to the Sahara.

Still - ya never know!

Posted by: psachya | Feb 16, 2012 6:05:01 PM

So, Trepp, it's the weekend already.... are you skiing? :-)

Posted by: ProphetJoe | Feb 18, 2012 11:11:06 PM

Well, looks like the skis will be going back in the shed for now. We got a little bit of the white stuff over Shabbat, but it got washed away in late afternoon rain. Still, plenty of wetness... So good for the land.

Posted by: Treppenwitz | Feb 18, 2012 11:41:03 PM

my DH is reluctant to make aliyah because he says he will not get to go x-county skiing in israel. we know that "downhill" exists on the Hermon, but are there any x-county ski trails??? a positive answer would go a long way to moving us towards aliyah...

Posted by: tamar | Feb 27, 2012 10:17:00 PM

Tamar... Every couple of years there might be a couple of hours of x country skiing. Not what you could call the cornerstone of an Aliyah plan. :-)

Posted by: Treppenwitz | Feb 27, 2012 10:37:47 PM