« Of Renewable Innocence, Not Loss | Main | Another Useful Idiot »

Friday, October 07, 2011

A Pre-Yom Kippur Request

Before I spend the next 25+ hours asking The Higher Power for forgiveness, it seems appropriate to first ask forgiveness from real live people.

So, my readers, I am certain that over the past year I have trod upon a few of your toes... I've offended some of you with my views or inappropriate humor... I've stretched your patience with my long-winded posts (when a few lines would have sufficed)... and I've remained silent when some of you needed comfort or understanding.

For all these things, as well as anything I may have missed, I apologize and ask your forgiveness.

I have no excuse. Not one.

But I promise I will try to do better in the coming year, or in however much time I have left, to make amends.

Posted by David Bogner on October 7, 2011 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference A Pre-Yom Kippur Request:

Comments

nope, not getting my forgiveness....

... because you've nothing to apologize (to me) for.

Have an easy fast.

Jethro

Posted by: Jethro | Oct 7, 2011 3:33:30 PM

nope, not getting my forgiveness....

... because you've nothing to apologize (to me) for.

Have an easy fast.

Jethro

Posted by: Jethro | Oct 7, 2011 3:33:30 PM

nope, not getting my forgiveness....

... because you've nothing to apologize (to me) for.

Have an easy fast.

Posted by: Jethro | Oct 7, 2011 3:34:48 PM

seriously, three times? speaking of apologies....

sorry about that

Posted by: Jethro | Oct 7, 2011 3:35:59 PM

No apology is necessary. I enjoy every single entry whether it's thought provoking or amusing, brief or long winded - it's all good. Have an easy fast!

Posted by: Linda | Oct 7, 2011 4:10:07 PM

Nothing to apologise for. Just thanks heading in your direction for your blog, your virtual friendship and warm hospitality. From windy down under, love from us both, the Jewish Economist and Goyl he married:-)

Posted by: Kiwi Noa | Oct 8, 2011 3:23:25 AM

Posted by: Kiwi Noa | Oct 8, 2011 3:23:25 AM

Posted by: Kiwi Noa | Oct 8, 2011 3:23:26 AM

And easy fast, my friend.

You have brought me no sorrow, only the joy of knowing I have friends in faraway places.

MC

Posted by: mostly cajun | Oct 8, 2011 3:55:13 AM

Okay... I've got a pretty long list of gripes. But I'll only discuss it over a double-date: me and the Major; you and the Goddess. Dinner, drinks or coffee, your choice. Dutch-treat.

Posted by: rutimizrachi | Oct 9, 2011 5:47:40 AM

Now that Yom Kippur is over, I can tell you that I'd happily accept your apology if only you had something for which to apologize. But, alas, you do not.

I hope that you will likewise accept my own apology if I have done anything to cause any hurt or offense. And as of right now, I'm working on my pile of offenses for next year. Let me know if you need any.

Posted by: Elisson | Oct 9, 2011 5:56:48 AM

Posted by: Elisson | Oct 9, 2011 5:56:48 AM

I come to your blog after every small or big news about Israel to read what you have to say about it. Eventhough I might not agree with you 100% of the time, I always appreciate your candid and insight. What made me post this is that I found this great video on the eve of Yom Kippur

40 years ago such beautiful words, just few years before there was yet another attemp to annihilate Israel. It's now 2011

עם ישראל חי
עוד אביכם חי

Posted by: Finn_Goy | Oct 9, 2011 2:27:50 PM

Here's to another year of toe-trodding, offensive views, inappropriate humor, long-winded posts and silence (but not to much of that).

May it be a year of blessings for all of us.

Posted by: Baila | Oct 9, 2011 10:38:02 PM

May it be a year of blessings for all of us.

Posted by: Baila | Oct 9, 2011 10:38:02 PM

May it be a year of blessings for all of us.

Posted by: Baila | Oct 9, 2011 10:38:09 PM