« That New York, Greek Diner, Street Cart, Paper Coffee Cup | Main | The Nursemaid: A Tribute »

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Spring is bustin' out all over

This is my favorite time of year... especially during my commute. The winter grains are being harvested, and the camel, sheep and goat herds return from the south to graze on the stubble.

Some of the old (and not-so-old) shepherds remember me and wave hello... and there are a few new ones to get to know.
Sm Spring 001

Sm Spring 003

Sm Spring 006

Sm Spring 011

Sm Spring 014

Of course, one of my real spring pleasures is tending to my bees.  However sometime shortly after I checked on them at the start of the season, someone (presumably kids) kicked the tops off the hives... and all the bees died as a result of the still quite chilly mountain nights we have here.

The decision now is whether to start over now with a couple of nucleus hives... or take a year off.  [sigh]

Posted by David Bogner on May 19, 2011 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Spring is bustin' out all over:

Comments

great set of pics - stay safe in your travels to & fro

Posted by: brant | May 19, 2011 8:39:03 PM

Very sorry to hear about the bees. I would encourage you to start again. The world needs all the bees it can get!

Posted by: Kiwi Noa | May 19, 2011 9:50:27 PM

LOVE the photos!

I'm sorry about your bees.. pointless destruction like that is so upsetting.

Posted by: eloise | May 19, 2011 11:20:47 PM

I am sorry too about your bees. In Europe lots of bees are dying; presumably because of pesticides not cold weather. Lovely photos.

Posted by: Ilana-Davita | May 20, 2011 9:49:12 AM

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your bees. I'd encourage you to start again, and when you do, greet them from me. I love bees and can never get enough of watching them.

Posted by: Rahel | May 20, 2011 12:54:13 PM

I too am sorry to hear about your bees. That's a shame.

I tried posting a comment on your previous post about the coffee cup, but kept getting an error message. I TOTALLY get why you want that cup, and think it's so cool that you found it! Use it in good health!

By the way, speaking of summer bustin' out all over . . . I'm in a production of "Carousel" that opens in Jerusalem June 21st. June will be bustin' out all over! We have several performances in Jlem and one in Ra'anana. If you or any of your readers want tickets, please go to http://www.encore-etc.com/. I hope you don't mind my promoting the show here, but you DID allude to "Carousel" in the title of your post!

Have a shabbat shalom!