« Do as I say... not as I do! | Main | Them vs. Us »

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Busking

A long, long time ago in a well traveled upper Manhattan neighborhood...

Busking
Did I really once have all that hair?

[Props to Mark Zomick for tagging me in that photo on Facebook.  It was so long ago that I can't for the life of me identify anyone else in the photo!]

Posted by David Bogner on May 3, 2011 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Busking:

Comments

It's a biiiit hard to make out all that hair under that tweed cap, but yeah. Good ol' times. ;)

//runs//

Posted by: a. | May 3, 2011 1:31:03 PM

a. ... Oh very funny. Couldn't come up with any trombone jokes? :-)

Posted by: treppenwitz | May 3, 2011 3:52:51 PM

@a. LOL!!! Wish I'd thought of that.
@Bogner: You had all that hair when I was thin. (Sigh.) We was all young once, wasn't we? Now it's my sons that are out busking... and now, it's on Ben Yehuda. :-) My life is complete.

Posted by: rutimizrachi | May 3, 2011 4:10:42 PM

Is the old man reaching into his pocket for a quarter? Or thinking "Feh. Rotten kids." I love the picture--it really tells a story.

Posted by: Baila | May 3, 2011 6:46:14 PM

I'm not sure, but I think the pedestrian is George Burns...

Posted by: ProphetJoe | May 3, 2011 9:39:28 PM

Did it turn about to be a lucrative activity?

Posted by: Ilana-Davita | May 4, 2011 8:16:57 AM

i did this, mostly on ben yehuda street, for the first few years of my marriage. it was a not-insignificant part of my income, along with playing in bars/restaurants and some construction/handyman work. to answer ilana above: no, it's not a lucrative activity in the long term, although if you keep at it long enough you'll find "some days are better than others". my question: which one is the trep? what's your instrument, mr. bogner? and do you still play?

Posted by: jonathan becker | May 4, 2011 2:59:57 PM

rutimizrachi ... Amen

Baila... No idea. Whish I could remember.

ProphetJoe ... Too tall.

Ilana-Davita ... If I can't rememebr who the other musicians are in the picture, (of even that the picture was taken), do you really think I know how much we earned? :-)

jonathan becker ... I'm the guy with the trombone.

Posted by: treppenwitz | May 4, 2011 3:05:23 PM

I keep forgetting that colour film wasn't around untill the sixties.

Posted by: At The Back of the Hill | May 4, 2011 11:32:20 PM