« When I get a bug in my head... | Main | Dividends »

Thursday, April 07, 2011

More love from our peace partners

A few minutes ago it was reported that either an anti-tank missile or a mortar fired from Gaza hit a school bus near Kitbbutz Saad in the Negev.

Luckily the bus was nearly empty, but the driver was moderately wounded and a teenager (some reports place his age at 13... others 16) is in extremely critical condition with paramedics on the scene trying to resuscitate him while they wait for the IDF helicopter to airlift him to Beer Sheva's Saroka hospital.

It seems to me that if Hamas has set the exchange rate at 1000 Palestinians per Jew (based on the Gilad Schalit negotiations, anyway), that seems about fair.

Leveling three or four Gaza apartment buildings near the place from which the weapon was fired should just about even things up.

Posted by David Bogner on April 7, 2011 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference More love from our peace partners:

Comments

I don't understand the world. Just yesterday the Goldstone report was back in the news blaiming Israel for targeting civilians. Today hamas targets a school bus and the world sits quietly by. As to your suggestion I think a one for one trade would be fine. one blockbuster in the middle of gaza city for each mortar round.

Posted by: Dave | Apr 7, 2011 5:17:41 PM

Easy there, folks...

Posted by: Larry | Apr 7, 2011 5:22:53 PM

I'm on call in Soroka. The teen is 16 yrs. old. In critical condition.

Posted by: QuietusLeo | Apr 7, 2011 7:40:09 PM

Exchange rates fluctuate.

Posted by: At The back of the Hill | Apr 8, 2011 12:11:26 AM

Three or four buildings isn't enough. Try three or four blocks.

Posted by: Jack | Apr 8, 2011 3:39:42 AM

That's what I always think when I hear those numbers. If it's OK to exchange 1,000 Arabs for one Jew, what was so wrong when that speaker at Baruch Goldstein's funeral said something like "A hundred Arabs aren't worth one Jewish fingernail?"

Me, I think one for one is OK. Preferably a bigshot Hamas guy killed for one Jewish kid injured.

Posted by: Nachum | Apr 8, 2011 9:34:00 AM

Reading the account of the incident, the bus would have been filled had it been delayed a few minutes on the trip for any reason.

Posted by: ED | Apr 8, 2011 4:42:45 PM

Well, they got more than one bigshot Hammas guy. Now if they can just get a few more without injuring, much less killing, a single IDF soldier.

Posted by: Dick Stanley | Apr 10, 2011 4:44:39 AM