« Technically correct... if not politically so | Main | Playing the 'protexia' Card »

Monday, November 15, 2010

Wunder Radio

No, that's not a spelling mistake. It is the name of the latest app I've installed on my iPad.

[I promise not to make this a regular feature since it is likely boring as hell to people who don't have iPhones, iPods or iPads and such.]

Wunder Radio is a neat little app that allows you to listen to radio stations from around the world... wherever you are in the world... on your iPhone, iPad or iPod, Blackberry, Android or Windows mobile device. Best of all, it is searchable by location, genre and a half dozen other criteria!

For instance, as I was doing my Friday chores this past week, I had my iPad hooked up and blasting through our home stereo system, playing 'classic rock' courtesy of WEBE 108 (Long Island, NY) and 95.9 Fox FM (Fairfield Country, CT).

Almost as enjoyable as the music were the ads and traffic reports. What a hoot!

On the other hand, some of you who have spent time in Israel and miss the palce may want to tune in and listen to Galei Tzahal (Army Radio), Galgalatz or Reshet Gimel. I'm just saying...

That is all (for now).

Posted by David Bogner on November 15, 2010 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Wunder Radio:

Comments

Ah, 95.9 the Fox! I wonder if Matt Zako is still on the air, and whether they still play "Hold on Loosely" by .38 Special with disproportionate frequency compared to other stations. Those were the days.

Posted by: Andrew Barbour | Nov 15, 2010 9:02:00 AM

For those of us who are iPad deprived, go to http://radiotime.com

As treppenwitz says: don't thank me I'm a giver

Posted by: Raz | Nov 15, 2010 3:31:13 PM

Will it work in the car? The only thing I truly miss from the "old Country" is real rock radio.

Posted by: Max Power | Nov 15, 2010 5:39:25 PM

Hey Dave,
WEBE 108 is not in Long Island, NY - it's in Bridgeport, CT

A better station is fairly new - "The Coast" 96.7

It's playing all the 'good stuff' from back in the day...

That app sounds pretty cool for you people across the pond, so to speak! :)

Posted by: val | Nov 15, 2010 11:37:41 PM

Our new phones, ordinary Nokia's, have some sort of radio option, internet etc, but we've opted out to save money.

Posted by: Batya | Nov 16, 2010 6:26:32 AM

thanks for the tip from you and Raz. while I got a blackberry from my employer this week, the apps downloader is disabled, so there goes my chance to listen on the go. but, the website looks very good and I am going to see if it works in my pc at the office.

regards,

Posted by: David S | Nov 16, 2010 7:33:12 AM

Thanks for the tip, David! If you’re looking for a nice little radio app for your Mac, too, you should probably have a look at Radium (which I at least don’t want to miss anymore). And to have mentioned that: They have a very good and friendly support If you ask for adding additional stations. ;)

Posted by: Piet | Nov 16, 2010 10:21:50 AM

95.9 the Fox! I was more likely to listen to PLJ, but once you got into the "boonies", you'd take what you could get. The Fox was my backup station ;)

And yes, thanks Raz, for allowing the luddites to join the fun.

Posted by: Alissa | Nov 16, 2010 9:56:35 PM