« My new best friend | Main | OK, you caught me »

Monday, July 26, 2010

a crapella

Definition:  Singing out loud while listening to music with your headphones on. Whereas the singer gets the benefit of the music, those unfortunate enough to be standing nearby are subjected to an unaccompanied (and invariably crappy) rendition of the song.

Usage:  "I wish that guy would turn his iPod off - his a crapella version of Bohemian Rhapsody is killing me"

Hat tip to my friend Shuby.

Source:  urbandictionary.com

Posted by David Bogner on July 26, 2010 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference a crapella :

Comments

LOL.

Posted by: Mark | Jul 26, 2010 6:00:40 PM

Aother thing I hate too! And what about people who play their mp3 players so loud you get the beenfit of the drums and nothing else?

Posted by: Ilana-Davitata | Jul 26, 2010 10:25:46 PM

Interesting choice of songs to name.... hmmmm.... wherever have you heard it recently?!
[/snark]

Posted by: zahava | Jul 27, 2010 11:37:05 AM

Anybody trying to do a solo version of Bohemian Rhapsody provides more comedy than cringing, I would think...

Ilana-Davitata: I've been looking for an appropriate term for this myself. Just this morning, I sat next to someone who was playing Springsteen's "Glory Days" loud enough for me to identify the song OVER MY OWN iPOD!

Posted by: efrex | Jul 27, 2010 8:34:05 PM

Efrex - I have an appropriate term for the Glory Day tripper sitting next to you. That would be "deaf".

And while we're at it, IMO, anyone blasting the bass on their car stereo loud enough to put a buzz in every eardrum within a square mile should be roasted over a slow fire. Preferably to the strains of the Mantovani Orchestra.

Posted by: psachya | Jul 28, 2010 3:37:59 AM

I love it! Why do people insist on doing this in public these days? Is anything private anymore?

Zahava: Don't mess with my Queen...

Posted by: sheldan | Jul 28, 2010 3:51:57 AM

psachya: *applause applause applause* Throw in a "WOOT WOOT" for good measure.

Posted by: Alissa | Jul 28, 2010 4:55:16 PM