« The presumption of innocence | Main | "... a bit of a tumble" »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I hate that

I can't think of too many things I hate more than preparing my expense report after a long business trip, knowing in advance I'm going to have to fight to justify every last cent.

It's like spending several hours carefully preparing a hand-painted, elaborately caligraphied 'kick me' sign... and then sticking it on your own @ss.

Posted by David Bogner on February 16, 2010 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference I hate that:

Comments

Nicely worded! You are quite witty, you know Bogner! :-D

I'd likely be laughing out loud if it weren't for the fact that I am quite positive that you were most understated about the amount of pain.... :-(

Posted by: zahava | Feb 16, 2010 2:54:18 PM

If you were running the office, what would your protocol be for handling expense reports? Take them on faith from everyone or from no one? I don't mean to belittle your god given right to kvetch, but you would probably hew to the side of Torquemada.

Posted by: Barzilai | Feb 16, 2010 4:23:33 PM

Pulling teeth sounds like more fun.

Posted by: QuietusLeo | Feb 16, 2010 9:27:45 PM

Is this an Israeli thing or a company thing? I don't get any grief when I submit expenses.

Posted by: moC | Feb 16, 2010 9:48:48 PM

In my days of working for the Great Corporate Salt Mine, expense reporting was never fun, but it wasn't an ordeal. They were always reasonable about paying whatever bills I ran up, as long as I wasn't treating myself to expensive meals every night without the company of a customer to justify it. No niggling over "that hotel is too expensive" or that sort of thing.

As long as I provided receipts for all expenses $25 and above, I was fine.

Now, the guy who ordered a round of Louis XIII cognac after dinner (after considerable prodding from a customer)? He had some 'splainin' to do...

Posted by: Elisson | Feb 17, 2010 6:12:42 PM

pulling teeth ACTUALLY is more fun...

Posted by: shabtai | Feb 17, 2010 7:18:47 PM

Now you just reminded me David. I still haven't done my taxes..oyvey!

Posted by: Merchant Services | Feb 18, 2010 5:39:58 PM