« I got your compensation right here [gestures lewdly] | Main | A Limmud Post (1st of several, I'm sure) »

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Okay, a little lot addictve

It's called VPIKE and it will basically take over your life for the next few hours... so prepare yourself.

Basically, when you enter an address you will see an actual photograph of that place.  There's a little map with a little man on it - you can move the little man up and down the block if you need to and spin him around to look in all direction.

I've been looking at pretty much every neighborood I've ever lived.

Posted by David Bogner on January 7, 2010 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Okay, a little lot addictve:

Comments

not to burst your bubble..but this is the same as google maps.
same images as well.
i know, because they did my house on a rainy day with leaves all over. (had I only known they were coming I would have raked!)

Posted by: weese | Jan 7, 2010 11:17:33 PM

I second the motion.
It's google maps pictures.
They did my neighborhood on Succos :)

Posted by: G6 | Jan 7, 2010 11:27:50 PM

i guess you do not use google to get directions.
but i have to agree with you, it can be kind of addicting, and very funny when you try to figure out when did the special car or truck passed by your house. in my case it had to be before July 08 (because it shows the old garage door), but we know it was on a Thursday because the recycling bins are on the street. I also had a blast when i checked my old address and I saw one of my neighbors on the street.

Posted by: David S. | Jan 7, 2010 11:29:44 PM

Definately addicting except that most of the places I know were not photographed

Posted by: rickismom | Jan 8, 2010 12:30:40 AM

Damn you. You have just killed my afternoon. ;)

Posted by: Jack | Jan 8, 2010 1:07:33 AM

Yeah, this is Google maps. There's one guy on my block who took a lot of jokes because he was photographed one day wearing his shorts, undershirt and tzitzis. His picture is on this site, too.

Posted by: Jughead's Hat | Jan 8, 2010 2:24:05 AM

Bing's "Birds eye" view is interesting as well. Gives a slightly different perspective.

Posted by: JDMDad | Jan 8, 2010 4:16:05 AM

Wow, the person who bought my old house has NOT been keeping up the front lawn. My mother would be so upset. (To be fair, it's a single working mother with 2 kids; I'm sure she has other things on her plate than the front yard.)

Posted by: Sarah | Jan 8, 2010 11:56:25 AM

Yes, it's Google Maps... but it's a bit easier to navigate. Amazing...

Posted by: Elisson | Jan 9, 2010 1:30:54 PM

doesn't work for me. I grew up on Army bases :(

Posted by: LeahGG | Jan 10, 2010 12:40:03 AM

You got me going from finding old houses to finding the people who used to live in those houses,spending a lot of time, and coming up with a few surprises.

Posted by: ED | Jan 10, 2010 8:38:24 AM

I used this site to literally take a walk through the neighborhood I grew up in and see how things have changed - I haven't been there in 8 years, and its really interesting to see the neighborhood through different eyes and to note which small businesses have been around for over 30 years.

Posted by: Noa | Jan 10, 2010 7:24:52 PM