« The cooler the better, I say! | Main | I think I need to sit down... »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I feel like a need a shower

The following is a video of a bogus casting call for babies and young children from the movie Bruno that demonstrate just how low some parents will sink in order to pimp their kids.

IMHO they should make it mandatory for social workers and Child Protective Services officers to be on hand at these sort of things to relieve such monsters of their children!  Seriously, you know there are parents like this out there.

[BTW, can anyone make out what he is asking at the 01:39 mark in the video?]

Posted by David Bogner on November 18, 2009 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference I feel like a need a shower:

Comments

Trep: it's "is your baby fine with lit phosphorus," followed by "does he like it?" :o)

I will not see any of Sacha B Cohen's movies, as too much of his humor is beyond my taste boundaries, but the rare moments when he and I are in the neighborhood of what we consider funny, I find his satire very good.

A word about the commercial/video world and representing your child (since I've been there): I've registered complaints or refused auditions for my sons b/c the talent wranglers are either taught not to judge what is appropriate, or actually don't care what is appropriate, for one's kids. I wouldn't find myself in that position, but the parents above? I've met them (people like them), and they are trusting Bruno and the production staff; thinking in all probability that any danger to their kids would be of the illusory variety. No production crew would put a kid in actual danger, they are thinking.

That's what allows me to laugh at it as just mostly funny.

Of course, the "taste" issues, e.g., putting your kid on a crucifix? Honestly? That's not a safety concern; that's just saying "yes" to anything to get the job. Me? I'm saying "no" to that, to the "bees and wasps" question, and a few of the others. :oD

If I were there. Which I wouldn't be.

The woman in red? She's the real winner here. She gets to be seen saying what she says for the rest of her (and her children's) life. Oops.

Posted by: Wry Mouth | Nov 18, 2009 1:35:59 PM

Would have thought you'd catch the "lit phosphorus" especially with our palestinian cousins accusing us left and right of bombing them with it...

Posted by: Shimon | Nov 18, 2009 2:27:24 PM

Wry Mouth ... Seriously, lop a third of your kid's weight off in a single week??? [shakes head]

Shimon... Honestly, what the Palis are accusing me of is waaaaay down my list of priorities...

Posted by: treppenwitz | Nov 18, 2009 3:03:32 PM

In general, it isn't so much what parents make their kids go through physically for fame and stardom that is so bad, but rather what they make them go through emotionally, or psychologically. This isn't to say that the physical stuff isn't bad in some cases, but the emotional stuff is almost always worse and longer lasting.

Posted by: Mark | Nov 18, 2009 4:04:02 PM

Revolting.

Posted by: Erachet | Nov 18, 2009 4:59:38 PM

Can we lock them up now....

Posted by: Mickey | Nov 18, 2009 5:03:12 PM

I have a feeling that most of the parents had no clue what he was asking. It seemed more lack of vocabulary with some of them than weighing the potential harm to their children.

If he says "lit phosphorus" and the parent has no idea what "lit phosphorus" is, the parent says OK because he doesn't want to ask "What's that?" and show how ignorant he is.

Posted by: Shoshana | Nov 18, 2009 5:12:38 PM

Sacha Baron Cohen does it again.

The scene in Borat with Rep. Bob Barr (alas, a fellow Georgian) is priceless.

Posted by: Elisson | Nov 18, 2009 5:24:16 PM

i think its faked.

Posted by: weese | Nov 18, 2009 5:51:13 PM

Probably best part of the movie. Savage Kitten and I were howling when we saw it.

Much of the rest of the movie is too tasteless, and not nearly so funny.

Mmmmmm, lit phosporus! Love it.

Posted by: At The Back of the Hill | Nov 18, 2009 11:50:59 PM

most of this is just the same 4 parents. I wonder how many actual sane parents they *did* find.

I mean, seriously - the one where he's asking about fast speeds without a car seat, even a star-struck mom would be like "but that would be like a special effect, right?" and he must have gone through a LOT of moms to get one to say that she could take ten pounds off her kid in a week.

Posted by: LeahGG | Nov 19, 2009 1:16:47 AM

SBC - "Could your daughter lose 10 pounds in the next week?"
Mom - "...Yes - I'd have to do whatever I could."

[shudder]