« A house of faith in Israel | Main | Maybe it's just that I miss my children... »

Thursday, August 06, 2009

A long day

I left my hotel in Mumbai (which is located on the west coast of India) at 3:45 Thursay morning for the airport to catch a flight to Visakhapatnam (located on India's east coast).

Meetings all day there... and a 7:30 PM flight back to Mumbai.

I just walked back into my hotel in Mumbai... and it is 1:00 AM on Friday morning.

The crazy part is that at some point two weeks ago when I was planning out my itinerary, this seemed like a good idea.

[face palm]

Posted by David Bogner on August 6, 2009 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference A long day:

Comments

it is always like this, looks great on paper, and then...
just make sure to remember how tired you felt when you got back, the next time you plan a trip like this one. we kind of seem to forget about it and make the same mistake again.
shabat shalom,

Posted by: David S. | Aug 7, 2009 3:53:47 AM

That's not the worst itinerary anyone's ever planned. Try nine days on the road from Ohio to Alaska ... with a cat.

Posted by: Bob | Aug 7, 2009 9:19:09 AM

Don't worry, Trep. Shabbat is coming! May it be restful.

Posted by: Baila | Aug 7, 2009 9:53:25 AM

I thought Visak was on the east coast near Chennai?

Posted by: Noa | Aug 7, 2009 12:29:24 PM

Noa... Good catch. Obviously I was exhausted when I typed that. Yes, Visakhapatnam is on the east coast.

Posted by: treppenwitz | Aug 7, 2009 12:42:02 PM

Have a safe trip!
Yeah, it always looks good on paper. But the paper doesn't show the turbulance, the unworking in-flight entertainment (I was counting on "Monsters" to keep Ricki entertained"). Try a 12 hour flight followed by a 4 hour one with a child with ADHD and no ritalin. Helps one appreciate terra firma)

Posted by: rickismom | Aug 7, 2009 3:04:23 PM

Safe travels... and who needs sleep anyway!

Posted by: val | Aug 7, 2009 7:38:44 PM