« What kind of monster hangs up on a five year old?! | Main | Secret Identity Revealed »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

'Tis the season... to adjust your worldview

Most of you are tired of hearing me, a Jewish Israeli, talk about what I think is the root of the world's problems.

So, for a change, let an articulate Christian Lebanese woman tell you how the world looks through her eyes.

Watch, listen... and learn.

[Sent to me by a thoughtful reader.  Thank you]

Posted by David Bogner on December 17, 2008 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference 'Tis the season... to adjust your worldview:

Comments

Trepp, this woman is un-believable. Her mother was 55 when this woman was born, in the 1970s?
There are numerous other points which seem inconsistent, incomprehensible, or grossly exaggerated at the very least, and this undermines her credibility.

Posted by: fred | Dec 17, 2008 12:00:04 PM

Fred... To paraphrase Inigo Montoya (from 'The Princess Bride' "You
keep using that word [unbelievable]. I do not think it means what you
think it means."
. I think you were going for 'implausible', but I
won't quibble. :-) Anyway... I did manage to stay awake on occasion
in my health ed class (in hopes of seeing pictures of naked women, if
you must know), and if memory serves, Menopause (the cessation of
ovulation and accompanying hormonal changes in women) typically
begins between 45 - 55 years of age. But a woman giving birth to a
child at 55 (meaning she conceived while she was 54) is not so unusual
as to make such claims a basis for suspicion of dishonesty. Certainly
Brigitte Gabriel (born in 1965, not 1970), is a woman (meaning she
probably has the owner's manual for he reproductive system in a drawer
somewhere), is both a journalist and published author who has
been on the speaking circuit for many years. I'm assuming such a
person would know how old her mother was when she was born, and would
have little or no plausible reason to make that detail of her biography
up. In fact, nobody (in any source I could find) has ever presented
any evidence that her claims of having elderly parents was false. As
to your vague accusation that "...numerous other points ... seem
inconsistent, incomprehensible, or grossly exaggerated at the very
least..."
requires at least a few 'for instances' before you start
yelling 'Liar, Liar pants on fire'. If the video had been shot in
someone's basement and posted to YouTube, I could see the sense in
taking a jaundiced view of both the speaker and her message, but
according to Wikipedia, The Heritage Foundation (which hosted the event
you watched) "plays a significant role in U.S. public policy debate
and is widely considered to be one of the most influential research
organizations in the United States".
I have a hard time believing
that they would jeopardize their own credibility by hosting a speaker
whose claims were demonstrably false.

Posted by: treppenwitz | Dec 17, 2008 12:58:59 PM

I have sat and listen to this woman in Los Angeles, Ca..she is very good, and knows what she is talking about..it is hard to believe that anyone would doubt her. We can look at the past horrors of the Terrorists that she speaks about, the Daniel Pearls, and so on, we know in our hearts what the Terrorists are capable of, and what they have done in the past. I also know there are many Saudi sponsered Schools in the USA..also the terrible things they are teaching in their textbooks. This is going on right here under our American noses. What I can say is, "God help us all", including Israel. Remember, this woman is not exaggerating, she has lived it.

Posted by: Joan | Dec 17, 2008 4:40:17 PM

As she says, "Liberals don't want to be confused by facts."
That says it all, doesn't it?

Posted by: QuietusLeo | Dec 17, 2008 8:18:25 PM

What a powerful speaker! Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: psachya | Dec 17, 2008 9:33:33 PM

Where does she gets her facts from? How does she know there are Hamas cells all over the world?

Posted by: Chana | Dec 17, 2008 10:15:45 PM

Chana, you're embarrassing yourself.

Posted by: Bob | Dec 18, 2008 6:14:46 AM

Chana, I should have provided you this link. If Hamas was running a major fund-raising enterprise in Dallas, Texas (the buckle of the Bible belt), where do you think it isn't operating?

Posted by: Bob | Dec 18, 2008 6:37:57 AM

I hope Bob's post convinces Chana..

Posted by: Joan | Dec 18, 2008 4:58:21 PM

Anyone who has read the news carefully for the past decade or so cannot but know that what she says is true. The problem lies with those who believe that "Never again" means there cannot rise another madman in power in the footsteps of Hitler. It is naive to look at the series of incidents in the 20th and 21st century--perpetrated by radical Muslims and increasing in frequency, severity, and geographic breadth over time--and conclude that they are just a collection of localized incidents. Without the ability to "connect the dots" as Brigitte Gabriel does, the democratic, civilized West will remain helpless in the face of the growing threat of terrorism.

Posted by: Shimshonit | Dec 18, 2008 10:38:25 PM

Trep, I don't think most of us are tired of hearing you talk, else we wouldn't be here.

Posted by: balabusta in bluejeans | Dec 19, 2008 7:17:25 AM

The video was interesting for me, thanks for the post.

Posted by: Seattle | Dec 20, 2008 4:49:07 AM