« Shackled to the peace process... or free to wage war | Main | As useful as teats on a boar hog »

Friday, February 29, 2008

A bloggy week

In addition to the usual email and comment board interaction with friends in the blogosphere, this weeks was chock full of planned and unplanned bumping into bloggers.

On Tuesday evening Zahava and I met Safranit and Gila (of My Shrapnel) for coffee, ice cream and waffles (ok, only Gila and Safranit had waffles) on Emek Rafa'im in Jerusalem.  Jameel (of The Muqata)was supposed to join us but he was on milluim (army reserve duty).  My guess is Jameel would have opted for the waffles.

Last night Zahava and I attended a beautiful wedding on Har Hatzophim (Mount Scopus) and who should I run into at the table with the place cards?  Aussie Dave of Israellycool who was there with his lovely wife and baby daughter.

And right this minute Noa (of the now defunct Jerusalem Revealed) her husband and son just surprised us by popping in and are sitting in our living room.

I love how small this country is.  Sure you sometimes have to arrange to meet people... but more often than not you end up running into them anyway.

Now if we can only find time to see some of our Tel Aviv friends more often.  :-)

Shabbat Shalom

Posted by David Bogner on February 29, 2008 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference A bloggy week:

Comments

AHEM!

If I may be so bold...

Next time I would like to be included in this little coffee, or waffle klutch. I met you briefly a couple of weeks ago, but you were working (very nice by the way), so it was just a quick hello.

Thank you, and Shabbat Shalom! :)

Posted by: Baila | Feb 29, 2008 2:43:37 PM

You gotta check out this blog:

Posted by: MR | Feb 29, 2008 7:20:21 PM

Wow- sounds like a fun week! Enjoy the company! Shabbat Shalom!

Posted by: tnspr569 | Feb 29, 2008 11:48:01 PM

I heard people talking in shul about this Israeli blogger who almost sounds American. I laughed pretty hard when they said that the German sounding name made it hard to figure out where he was from.

I suppose that if they read this comment they might actually figure out who I am. But considering that they thought you were German I might actually be safe.

Posted by: Jack | Mar 2, 2008 10:24:08 AM

Hi David -

Sorry I missed you guys...will try to make it next time (and waffles are the only way to go :)

Shavau tov,

Jameel.

Posted by: Jameel @ The Muqata | Mar 2, 2008 2:03:51 PM

Awww David, now my boss knows I'm eating waffles while on maternity leave! Can't you keep a secret!!!

Posted by: Safranit | Mar 2, 2008 2:50:07 PM

Hmmm. Maybe Tel Aviv friends are way too busy drinking coffee on Sheinkin ;-)...

(Just kidding. Sheinkin is just not trendy enough these days.)

Posted by: Imshin | Mar 2, 2008 4:55:19 PM

As I work at the Begin Center, Emek Refaim is just down the road. Keep me in mind (I pay for my own coffeee & cake).

Posted by: Yisrael Medad | Mar 2, 2008 5:55:17 PM

was it ice cream? or gelato?... I guess its all good but in the interest of accuracy...uh oh, I sound like another buddy of ours LOL

Posted by: Shmiel | Mar 2, 2008 6:51:09 PM

Baila... Yes of course we still have to get together for coffee and cake. But that will be with Zahava and Rachel, silly! Can't have world's colliding, now can we? :-)

MR... The only reason I left the URL up there was because the blog you linked to is actually quite good. But in the future please ask permission before plugging someone else's site in my comments, mkay?

tnspr569... Thanks... and we did.

Jack... OMG, I'm part of the L.A. shul buzz scene. I've arrived! :-)

Jameel @ The Muqata... You were missed.

Safranit... Well, as we noted that evening, nursing gives you an excuse to continue using the old 'eating for two' line.

Imshin... OK, I guess (know) I had that coming. But it doesn't mean we miss you and Bish any less! :-)

Yisrael Medad... Ooooh, good to know. The Begin Center has a great breakfast buffet on Friday mornings. Any chance you can hook a brotha up? :-)

Shmiel... Considering the price it was probably gelato. :-) And who, pray tell, could you have been talking about??? ;-)

Posted by: treppenwitz | Mar 3, 2008 11:44:31 AM