« Throwing a stew | Main | The other side... »

Friday, May 06, 2005

Photo Friday (Vol. XXIV) [Detective Edition]

A new client approached me to look into some suspicious activity in the neighborhood... and to gather information on a couple of shady characters that had recently started hanging around East Turdistan.

Like any good detective, I started poking around... and collecting evidence.

Exhibit 'A' is a section of the house's foundation which you can clearly see has been deliberately exposed.  It would seem someone, or something,  has been trying to tunnel under the wall.  My assumption is that I wasn't dealing with a very bright bulb since someone would have to tunnel under the entire house and back yard in order to reach freedom.  Or perhaps it was just a red herring to throw me off the scent:

Exhibit_a

Another key piece of evidence (exhibit 'B') dropped into my lap when I noticed a hole in the security fence.  Someone was dead set on breaking out, but I couldn't get a lead on who it might be:
Exhibit_b

I questioned a tough-looking character who seemed to know a lot about the unusual activity in the neighborhood, but he was non-responsive.  Maybe he had information... and maybe he didn't.  But he wasn't saying.  The thought bubble over his head seemed to say, "Are you talkin' to me?":
Wtf

Then I got my first big break in the case.  A couple of likely suspects were spotted near the scene of the crime:
Suspects

Luckily, the judiciary in the Republic of Turdistan isn't too picky about the rules of evidence or the need for reliable witness testimony.  The judge threw the book at both suspects (which they promptly chased down and chewed into tiny shreds).

Some criminals never learn:
Hmmug

Admug

Until next time... Here's saying Shabbat Shalom!

221_16_3

Posted by David Bogner on May 6, 2005 | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Photo Friday (Vol. XXIV) [Detective Edition]:

Comments

That's a good one! Thanks for the laughs.

Posted by: Steve Bogner | May 6, 2005 2:00:50 PM

Awww. They're nice. I demand a retrial. That's a very cute witness, too. He needs to be cross examined with a lollipop. Shabbat shalom.

Posted by: Doctor Bean | May 6, 2005 2:31:01 PM

Oh my goodness...you sure do have some hardened "criminals" lurking in your midst!
Miss Roxie and I are sending psychic bellyrubs to the whole furry lot. May much leg twitching ensue.

Posted by: Lisa | May 6, 2005 2:44:11 PM

Yonah is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute... and the dogs are not looking too shabby... nice write up...
But where are pics of the rest of the family????!!! sigh.

Posted by: val | May 6, 2005 2:49:55 PM

Steve... Don't thank me... I'm a giver. :-)

Lisa... I was trying to get a picture of Jordan with my old fedora on her head, but she was having none of it. She was supposed to be the detective. Looking forward to updates about your new puppy.

Val... You remind me of that old joke about the waiter who approaches a table of older Jewish women and says, "Ladies... is anything alright?" Sheesh, there's no pleasing some people!

Posted by: David | May 6, 2005 3:40:28 PM

You are so funny....that was a great laugh on an otherwise boring Friday morning. That Yona is edible! Shabbat Shalom!

Posted by: Essie | May 6, 2005 4:28:13 PM

I love the mugshots! And as everyone has said/will say all day, Yonah is absolutely smoochable. Does his shirt have dog pictures all over it too?

Posted by: Tanya | May 6, 2005 5:12:18 PM

LOL!!! How did you get those dogs to hold still for their mug shots? I wish I could get good dog pics, I never can.

My step-daughter had the idea -- not one of her best -- of hiding doggy treats by burying them in our backyard. She wanted to see if the dogs would find them. Doh! Just guess what our backyard looks like now?

Posted by: Mirty | May 6, 2005 5:19:30 PM

Word is getting around that you are tough man to shake because you are so dogged in your pursuit of justice.

Posted by: Jack | May 6, 2005 5:42:49 PM

Guilty as charged but I plead good previous behaviour.

Posted by: ExpatEgghead | May 6, 2005 6:21:08 PM

In the words of some old movie/TV show character: (one of The Three Stooges, perhaps?)

"*Doggone* it, [David] now what'd you have to go and do a thing like that for?!"

How do you manage to top yourself each post!

Have a good Shabbos.

Posted by: Pearl | May 6, 2005 7:44:26 PM

Hehehe. What else can I really say other than aaaawwwwwwwwwww (on both witness and criminal accounts)! Thanks for the Friday laugh.

Posted by: Bayou | May 6, 2005 8:54:06 PM

Please pinch those cheeks for me. Like right now.

Posted by: alice | May 7, 2005 12:31:01 AM

This was serioulsy brilliant! Shabbat shalom.

Posted by: Lioness | May 7, 2005 2:51:47 AM

Woo hoo, the best photo Friday ever!!

Posted by: katie-yael | May 7, 2005 9:47:16 AM

Essie... Yes, he is quite yummy, but he can be a bit hard on the ears at times.

Tanya... There seems to be a dog or two on the shirt but I wouldn't call it an actual theme. There's too much other unrelated stuff there. :-)

Mirty... Your story had me giggling. Maybe the previous owners of our house did the same thing and that is what my parent's dog is looking for out there! :-)

Jack... Ouch! You're in the dog house for that one! :-)

Expategghead... I'm not clear what you're confessing to, but I'm inclined to show clemency based on your history of good writing and only rare outbursts of extreme leftist rhetoric. :-)

Pearl... Keep that up that kind of punniness and you may end up sharing a cell with Jack over there in the dog house! Thanks for the compliment, though. :-)

Bayou... You're very welcome. I had meant to leave you a comment the other day because you and I had almost identical experiences on the same day with coworkers mistaking us for tech-support. Hope all is well with your new pooch.

Alice... Done. Now you come over here and make him stop crying! :-)

Lioness... Thanks. You have to see these dogs in person to realize how obvious this scenario was. They look and act like suspicious characters.

Katie-Yael... Uh-oh! That's a lot of pressure on me for next week. I'm glad you enjoyed.

Posted by: David | May 7, 2005 11:11:09 PM

David,

Just as long as you remember that I am the Big Dog. ;) Got a hankering for an extra thick steak. Time to find a nice Tri-Tip.

Posted by: Jack | May 8, 2005 6:20:50 AM

They were framed, I tell ya, framed!

(BTW, adorable pictures and funny, funny post. Love it!)

Posted by: Carol | May 8, 2005 7:11:39 PM

Visited via Steve Bogner--and you lightened my day significantly. I LOVE dogs and kids--and seeing the humor in things.

Posted by: Fran Pullara | May 11, 2005 10:43:58 PM